Support at Baby Café, GorlestonHours: 4 hrs per week
GYCT Department or Team: Breastfeeding Support Team, Seagulls Children's Centre
Supported by: Curita Reilly, Midwife (Café Facilitator)
- To help with the setting up and dismantling of the Baby Café. This will involve setting tables and chairs, preparing a play area for mothers and babies, offering and preparation of hot/cold drinks, meeting and greeting mothers/families as they arrive and making them feel welcome.
This role is for you if ...
- You are passionate about breastfeeding, with a desire to help mothers and support them during this time.
- Key skills needed are: enthusiasm and a friendly approach, to be approachable, sensitive, diplomatic, non-judgmental and discreet as sensitive issues may sometimes be disclosed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good communication skills are essential.
- You will have the chance to meet and make an impact on a person’s ability to care for a new baby during a very emotional and vulnerable time.
- You may wish to pursue further training in breastfeeding, to be able to support mothers and families.
- You will gain specific experience to help further a career in nursing, midwifery or social care.
Opportunities and training
Great Yarmouth Community Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults; successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check, reference checks and any other associated checks relating to identity.
Or contact the Volunteering Co-ordinator for more information: