Volunteer with Us
Some of the benefits you can gain from volunteering:
- Build your CV and boost your career options
- Gain new skills, experience and valuable training
- Increase your confidence and meet new people
- Improve your health and wellbeing
- Make a positive contribution to your community
Are you ...
- Aged 16 or over
- Able to offer the time and commitment
- Wanting to try something new or different
Do you ...
- Have a non judgemental and friendly approach
Can you ...
- Bring personal qualities to a voluntary role
We will ...
- Value you and your ideas
- Offer you ongoing support in your role
- Provide any relevant training you might need
- Give you references if requested
Some questions you may have ...
Q: How much time do I need to be a volunteer?
A: This is really up to you. You could volunteer for as little as 1 hour a week - or more, depending on the role.
Q: Will I get any out of pocket expenses paid back?
A: Yes. This means that GYCT will cover your travel costs and anything else we deem appropriate.
Q: If I am claiming benefits can I still be a volunteer?
A: Yes, you can. Benefit regulations are clear that you can volunteer, in fact many advisors encourage it. But we suggest you inform your advisor.
Would you like to find out more?Take a look at our current opportunities
Would you like to be placed on our waiting list?
Complete our online application form and we will contact you when a suitable opportunity comes up.
Or contact the Volunteering Co-ordinator for more information:
T: 01493 743014 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that GYCT will request you to:
- Provide two personal references, of which one must be known to you for at least two years.
- Declare any convictions, whether unspent or not, or any pending matters. This does not necessarily mean you cannot volunteer with us, but we do need to know.